There should be two important dates in your diary for this month.
The first is 14th February, Valentines day. The second is 28th February, the UXPA event; “Why Experience Matters”
I can’t help with Valentines day dates, but I would be more then happy to discuss the latter with you…
UXPA Ireland, in association with Morgan McKinley and hosted by Eircom, are offering a free event. This will offer an excellent insight into the latest news in the UX world. It also offers good networking potential, with companies and practitioners, from Industry and University set to attend.
See below description, courtesy of Eventbrite;
Many of the most important interactions with a business take place before you actually become a customer – like looking around a shop, waiting to be served, or seeing an advert. This is why many web and software designers use the term user experience to reflect that the person interacting with the product or service may not be a customer as such.
Amid the rise of digital technologies and marketing, some might regard User Experience as a business buzzword.
- What is User Experience all about?
- Does User Experience make a difference, and if so, how?
- Who are the people doing it?
- How can you improve the user experience of your product or services?
- How can you get involved or find someone to deliver UX services for you?
The UXPA is hosting this event to bring together interested parties to discuss these questions and more.
18:25 – Meet @ The Customer Experience Room, Eircom, 1 HSQ, Heuston, Dublin and refreshments
Welcome from the UXPA Ireland President, Stephan Weibelzahl
An overview from UX Consultant and Author, Matt Watkinson
Viewpoints from the agency, client-side, and academic spheres of UX
- Paul Fitzsimons, Director of Operations, iQContent
- Jurek Kirakowski, Director of the Human Factors Research Group, UCC
- Denis O’keeffe, Director of Design and User Experience, Logitech
A Q&A session with the panel of speakers
19:45 – Networking
The event will take place in the Customer Experience Room at Eircom, 1HSQ, Heuston, Dublin, not far from Heuston station.
Morgan McKinley consultants will be there to greet you, look forward to seeing you on the 28th 🙂